okay so the doctor never called with the results of the MRCP he ordered, which he said was very important to get done immediately. why did he bother to say that? he left for vacation this morning without having looked at the MRI films at all. he also didn't wait for the blood test results. so i talked to a different gastroenterologist at the same office, and he relayed to me that the MRI films all showed normal, and my blood test results also came back normal. i almost started crying. i have such constant pain and i do not want to live with it anymore. the attacks of intense pain are scary. and they can't identify a cause for it. the doctor said that since there was no sign of stricture or stones, that he assumed spasm of the sphinter between the bile duct and the duodenum. but he isn't recommending ERCP. i am a young female, and the risk of chemical-induced pancreatitis is too high. all i can see is that i am in immense pain anyway -- if they do the procedure and it works, fabulous. if they do the procedure and induce pancreatitis, whoop-dee-fucking-doo... i'm already in pain which is having a large effect on my life. so they give me nitroglycerin to use during acute attacks, and tell me to rely on vicodin for the constant dull pain.

i have been given a license to become a junkie again. even having told the doctor about my past issues with opiate abuse, he says that when i am in pain the vicodin will only ease it and not make me high. i don't think he understands addiction very well. but what can i do? plain-jane tylenol doesn't help at all.

so they're telling me to live with it. i'm telling them i can't. i can't believe that it doesn't concern anyone overmuch that about once every two weeks my poop turns white. that i get less than five hours of sleep per night, average because of attacks of intense pain. that this is effecting so many other areas of my life including my job and my love life. i fucking hate this shit.

a message from a retarded corporate sponsor:

Defy Convention!
buy mass-produced sneakers
be different by being like everyone else