Christmas Eve

i had to work. get there at 7:00 am and get started. Grizz arrives an hour later. Despite being at work on Christmas Eve, it was an absolutely amazing day. Got home around 3:30pm, and finally got to chill out with Man. Went to dinner, got Chris a $50 Outback Steakhouse gift certificate, and then bought wrapping paper to wrap the last of Jenn's gifts. Rented four movies, bought four bottles of wine, and some firewood. Man and I watched movies in front of a fire that wanted to roar, but the logs were a slight bit damp. As usual, I fell asleep during the movies.

Christmas Day

Wake up and realize that I forgot to turn the dryer on after I put my clothes in. This is happening far too often. Either I forget to close the lid of the washer and it never starts, or I forget to turn on the dryer. I feel like I'm thinking slowly (imagine a big bowl of mashed potatoes. insert a drinking straw into the mashed potatoes and blow bubbles. blub... .. blub. ... blub. that's how quickly my brain is working ). Start the dryer, hop in the shower, let Man sleep in a bit later than he would have if I hadn't forgotten the laundry. Go to Jenn and Chris'.

Jenn and I made dinner: pan-seared New York Strip in gravy, with twice-baked potatoes. Everything was from scratch, including the ice cream we had for dessert. Yum. Then we make margaritas and shoot the shit until it's time to get back home.

Man and I watch the last movie we didn't get to last night. I fall asleep during it. Eventually, Man has to head home to prepare for the coming work week. I try to cuddle up and be cute to get him to stay but it only works for about an half hour. He leaves and I fall asleep on the couch.

The Day After

Wake up at 6:30, walk the cozmo, smoke a cigarette, and decide I'm just too tired to go into work quite yet. So I set the alarm ahead and hour and lay down. What seems like two seconds later, the alarm is making its annoying sound, and I finish my morning routine and head to work. Arrive there at 7:50 am. Make coffee, drink ]coffee], start on some stuff, drink more coffee, have a cigarette.