A traditional dish of the Philippines.
3 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 head garlic -- crushed
8 whole peppercorns -- crushed
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the vinegar to chicken in a large pot.
- Add soy sauce, garlic, and peppercorns.
- Do not stir chicken until it has started to boil.
- Cook the chicken! simmer (covered) approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pot.
- In the same pot, fry some garlic in butter.
- When the garlic is browned, add the chicken without any liquid. Fry till browned.
- Add the liquid and simmer the whole thing for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot over rice.