These are the original scenarios of Laser Squad, their backgrounds, and goals for both sides of the game as well as some tips for accomplishing the missions:

Scenario One: The Assassins

Introduction
The Marsec corporation manufactures the best weapons in the galaxy, but its boss, Sterner Regnix, uses unsavoury methods to extract the best from his top scientists. The use of mind control drugs and cybernetic implants is widely used, but officially denied by Marsec. The inter-stellar Trading Standards Authority is powerless to intervene. A small band of ex-employees have decided to assassinate Sterner Regnix. They have located his private home on the planet CX-1 and will stop at nothing until Sterner is dead.

Victory conditions
Assassin squad: If the Assassins manage to eliminate Sterner Regnix they win the game.
Droid squad: The droid squad wins if they eliminate all the assassins and Sterner Regnix remains alive.

Tips
On the first level you can equip your soldiers with rocket launchers and blow up Sterner Regnix with the house without even entering the building. You might want to have one M4000 Autogun handy though in case you get ambushed by the droids.

Scenario Two: Moon Base Assault

Introduction
The Omni Corporation's moonbase on Arid-6 holds security information on the 30 billion population of galaxy sector nine. Somewhere in sector nine is the rebel star system, the infamous 'Rebelstar' which still remains a secret from all its enemies. However the Arid-6 moonbase represents the biggest threat to the rebels so far with an increasing amount of data on rebel movements. A small band of rebels have penetrated the moon's outer defences and are poised to launch an attack on the moonbase itself.

Victory conditions
Laser Squad: A sufficient number of Databanks and Analysers must be destroyed to guarantee victory. A Databank is worth five victory points and an Analyser is worth two. The Laser Squad wins if 100 victory points are gained.
Omni Corp: The Omni Corporation wins if all the Laser Squad is eliminated.

Scenario Three: Rescue From The Mines

Introduction
A routine mission has gone badly wrong. A reconnaissance mission in one of the Metallix corporation's mine installations has resulted in death of most members of a rebel squad. However all is not lost. Three members of the squad have been imprisoned on one level of the mine and they have vital information on the mine complex. A small squad has hastily been assembled to free the prisoners.

Victory conditions
Laser Squad: All three of the prisoners must escape to guarantee victory. Once a prisoner is released from his cell move him to an elevator door and move into the elevator to escape.
Metallix Corp: The Metallix corporation wins if at least five of the rebels are killed.

Tips
You definitely want to move the prisoners away from the cell door before blasting the door with explosives! Also remember to prime the explosive before dropping it.

Scenario Four: The Cyber Hordes

Introduction
In this scenario a small band of rebels must defend a rebel planet station from attack by an imperial droid squad on the large planet of Azar. The base contains seven stabiliser cores which prevent seismic instability under the planets thin crust. The imperial squad leaders have pinpointed the weaknesses in Azar's defences and have assembled a squad designed for the task of destroying the cores. If they succeed, the existence of the entire rebel colony on Azar would be threatened.

Victory conditions
Rebel Squad: In the two player game the Rebels must eliminate all eight of the droids in order to win. In the one player version the droids receive reinforcements. The Rebels must destroy 100 victory points worth of droids in order to win.
Droid Squad: The Droid squad wins if at least five of the stabiliser cores are destroyed or if all the Rebel squad are killed.

Scenario Five: Paradise Valley

Introduction
The destruction of the planetary stabiliser base has left the Azarian colony in ruins. Volcanic eruptions have destroyed most of the major installations and the Imperial assault ships hover above the atmosphere like vultures waiting for their prey to die. Such a massive attack on such a small colony could only have one objective - to locate and capture the rebel blueprints for their advanced starfighter. Rather than destroy all their work the Rebels have transferred all the data into a small security device. A squad is assigned the task of escaping from the colony with the device in order to reach the distress beacon on the western plains. However the journey is not easy. The route through Paradise Valley is very dangerous because all the local wildlife is hostile and deadly. An underground network of tunnels can make the journey easier, but the entrances and exits are all hidden. A sentient race known as the Sectoids tend to collect and store weaponry taken from humans unfortunate enough to meet them, and they have the ability to use these weapons as well. In the valley above the vegetation provides cover for the vicious venomous splurges whose acidic spit is lethal. Only the most ingenious squad leader could possibly negotiate Paradise Valley.

Victory conditions
Rebel Squad: The Rebels must take the security device, which is initially carried by Corporal Hansen, over to the right hand side of the valley.
Aliens: The Aliens will win if all the Rebels are killed.


^ Back to Laser Squad


Note: Most of the text is originally from the game's manual. However, according to Retro Trauma, the game has been allowed for free distribution by the authors so I believe they won't get angry at me for posting this info here.