After the Matrix, I cannot wear sunglasses.
As soon as I put then on,
people recognize me.


Carrie-Anne Moss was born on August 21st, 1967 in Vancouver, Canada. Named after a 1967 Hollies' song entitled "Carrie-Anne", Moss began her show-biz career by joining the Children's Musical Theatre, when she was 11. With her high school, she toured Europe in her senior year, and returned a couple years later to pursue a modeling career. Between photo shoots in Japan and Spain, Moss returned to Pasadena, California and studied acting at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, a prophetic choice indeed, since shortly afterwards, while modeling in Spain, she landed a job on a TV show called "Dark Justice", which was filming in Barcelona. The next year, that production moved to Los Angeles where Moss appeared in the play "Homeward Bound" at the Hudson Theatre.

Settling down in L.A., Moss found herself inundated with work, including a recurring role on the television series Due South and F/X. In 1999, she auditioned for the role of Trinity in an upcoming film being directed by the Wachowski brothers, Larry and Andy. After six auditions and four months of intensive Kung fu training, Moss appeared alongside Keanu Reeves and Lawrence Fishburn, in "The Matrix." A blockbuster to say the least, this role led to "iconic fame" and none less than a cult following, which put Moss in the driver's seat for years to come. Shortly there after, Moss appeared with Johnny Depp in "Chocolat" and "Red Planet" with Val Kilmer. Two sequels have hence been released and a third has been highly bantered about. Whatever lies in Carrie-Anne's future, one thing's for sure; no moss will grow in her career path, she is on a roll.

Filmography


Source:
http://www.geocities.com/carrieanne_com/Biography.htm
http://www.bonkablebeauties.com/females/CarrieAnnMoss/
http://www.askmen.com/women/actress_100/104b_carrie_anne_moss.html