Makes 30 Servings at 3/4 cup each.
- 2 lb. Ground Beef (cheap)
- 2 lb. Ground Turkey
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage.
- 2 Tbsp. Granulated Garlic (Garlic Powder)
- 4 oz. Mary's Meat Mix
- 4 cups chopped Celery
- 2 cups chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Garlic.
- 3 Tbsp. Oregano
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley Flakes
- 2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 6 Tbsp. Flour.
- 52 oz. (1/2 # 10 can) Whole Tomatoes. (Thoroughly cut up tomatoes.)
- 30 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 30 oz. Tomato Puree
- 18 oz. Tomato Paste
- 1/2 gallon Water
- 2 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Soda
- 8 Bay Leaves. (Leave whole, but crack stem in several places.)
- Put Beef, Turkey, Italian Sausage, Granulated Garlic and Mary's Meat Mix into large pot (15-20 qt.) on high heat. Chop meat fine, stir, & cook till meat is brown and firm. (NOT CRISP!)
Reduce heat to medium. Remove excess fat, leaving about cup fat in pot.
- Add Celery, Onion, Bell Pepper, Garlic, Oregano, Parsley Flakes and Chili Powder. Cook until Vegetables are tender.
- Stir in Flour.
- Add Whole Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce, Tomato Puree, Tomato Paste, water, Salt, Black Pepper, Sugar, Baking Soda and Bay Leaves. Let simmer at least 2 hours.
Fully Simmered makes about 1 1/2 gallons(24 cups)