Where I am writing this, it will be Christmas Eve tomorrow, but in E2 server land Christmas Eve has already officially arrived. My home is in the mid-southern United States and to say this is an unusual Christmas season, so far, is an understatement. My family is big and complicated and we have had a tradition of all getting together for a combo Christmas/New Year party this time of year. COVID-19 has changed all of that this year and it feels pretty strange.

I won't delve into politics much right now but I, for one, will not be unhappy to see a return to some sanity at the US Administration's highest levels. The people around me disagree strongly, including many of my own family. I'm grateful that my wife and I agree on this point, at least.

It's weird. I keep thinking of how I'd have reacted if someone had told me on this day one year ago how the coming year (our past year, now) was going to play out. I definitely would have thought that they had lost it.

My wife and I still care for preschool children (three of them) each weekday full time. The parents are school teachers so we get a two week break for Christmas. We enjoy having the kids but the break is a welcome one. It will go by quickly enough.

Here's wishing all my E2 friends a healthy and happy Christmas! Barring that, here's wishing for next year to be better!