Rotisserie chicken is a favorite at our house and makes for a really easy meal. Unfortunately the leftovers often get overlooked until they become one of those "What was this?" experiments you find in the back of the refrigerator a couple of weeks later. This recipe is an attempt to avoid that crime.

Prep time: 10 minutes

Serves 6 (8 if you spread it thin but don't do that)

Ingredients:

Sliced bread (I used sourdough, fresh baked)

2 to 3 cups leftover rotisserie chicken

1 "poblano" pepper aka "ancho" (has some heat so omit if you can't take it)

1 sweet pepper (I used a couple of lunchbox peppers but bell pepper is fine or any sweet pepper)

2 to 3 TS of mayonnaise

1/4 cup of Good Seasons Zesty Italian dressing (mixed according to packet)

Fresh ground pepper and salt to taste

Optional: your choice of cheese, sliced (I used pepper jack), lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc.

Prep:

Pick the rotisserie chicken off the bone and chop somewhat coarse. Chop the peppers fine. Add chopped peppers and other ingredients (except those listed as optional) and mix well. Toast the bread, if desired, then add the chicken salad and the optional ingredients of your choice. Save any leftover chicken salad in a covered container and try not to let it turn into a science experiment.

Chicken salad sandwich