Today I worked an eleven-hour shift at Chili's with a skull-crushing, intestine-wrenching hangover. Actually, more than painful, this particular hangover mostly left me feeling like How to Disappear Completely.

you know,
I'm not here...
This isn't happening...

Anyway, the day was pretty rough for most of the day. Today was a long day for a day. I did at one point spend several minutes on a smoke break, mostly thinking about when I did gymnastics as a kid, and my coach was like a god to me. He was a really cool guy. Yep.

Cut to something that actually happened yesterday morning, but it really could've taken place any day, so I'm putting it in here for simplicity...

My parents woke me at around noon, and announced that we were going to a mexican restaurant down the road for "lunch" (breakfast for my sister and me). This was fine by me. I can eat chimichangas any time of day. But we left immediately, and I had no time for my wake-up cigarette, so I had it when we got to the restaurant. Delaware (yes, I live there. yes, it is kinda lame) has banned smoking in public places, so there I was, practically lying on the bench in front of the restaurant, having only been awake for fifteen minutes, looking totally strung-out and smoking a square. (tense shift here) Some lady stops and asks if she can help me. I tell her I'm just smoking and that I'll be joining my family inside for lunch when I'm done. She actually laughs out loud. I sort of picture myself in my head and realize that I can understand what she's laughing about. I don't look like I even have a family, much less one that goes out for lunch.

Ah, to be twenty-one and living with my parents...