Twice now we’ve broken up. Twice we’ve gotten back together. This is now the third round, and I think this time I’m going for a knockout. It’s over. I can’t ride your goddamn rollercoaster any more, and I’m getting off. I’m really glad, too, but I wish the timing was better. I’ll be breaking up with you today.

Christmas.

Yeh, that sucks. Don’t I know it. But fuck you. We’re both still alive, and that’s a better record than I’ve had at times. You don’t have any idea who I am anymore, and I sure as hell don’t know you. Holding your hand is dragging me down the road, down the track, and I’m hitting every tie on the way. My heart got snagged on a railroad spike a little ways back, and now I’ve got to run back and grab it. I’m not sure, but I think I saw some girl run off with it. When I catch her, I’ll find out. I hope it’s still there somewhere.

But anyway...

Yeh, it’s most definitely over between us. And God knows I still love you, and I’m going to have to be apart from you for a while in order to not fall back into love with you, but right now I’m standing here with a gaping hole in my chest while some other girl runs around with my heart, and I can’t take it anymore. This is over. I love you. Goodbye.