I had to go to a family reunion but I was far off in a strange place with strange people. One of them lent me her motorcycle. I have never had a ride on a motorcycle, let alone driven one, but they let me take it.

It turned out to be a very long trip, at night, down unlit backstreets. I was constantly in danger of running down pedestrians: since there were no sidewalks, everyone walked in the street; the streets were narrow and cars were parked on either side.

I tried turning the highbeams on, but it either didn't have highbeams or they didn't work or didn't make a difference.

It was really not so bad driving at high speed in nearly utter darkness, but I was surprised how much energy it took from me.

At last I arrived, nearly crashing into a tall hedge. Some teenage girl called out, "Did you see that? Did you see what she almost did?" I called back, "I wish I had seen it!" and I opened my eyes (in the dream). At some point, I had begun driving with my eyes closed, not that it made any difference.

The sun was shining, it was a breakfast place by the sea, and I went to sit by my mother (who is dead irl), and made a quip to my sister about Martians: a joke she didn't get. (It was a pun based on the brand name of the motorcycle.)