hrvatski is the pseudonym adopted by Massachussets-based electronic musician Keith Fullerton Whitman.

If one word were used to describe his work it would be experimental.

"I grew up in New Jersey and I had some synthesizers (Casios) and a computer (Atari ST) that I made music on from the age of 14 or so. At first I was making this like guitar solo music (you know, bad sequenced arrangements, and excuse to play very fast guitar over I - bVI - bVII sort of progressions). Then I listened mainly to space rock and electro acoustic music. Then I got pretty good at programming drums and got into polyrhythms and things with that. I've always been a very big music fan, sort of like a junkie, I needed to hear everything. Early influences that are still with me today : Heldon and Faust and Can, Pierre Henry and Parmegiani and Pierre Schaefer, drummers like Zigaboo Modeliste and Han Bennink and Jaki, Miles and Herbie 69-73, things like Art of Noise and some No Wave, composers like Steve Reich, Rhys Chatham, Glenn Branca, LaMonte Young, etc..."

One of his most famous works is his collective remix of kid606's tracks Kidstep, My Kitten and Catnap in which a synthesised voice praises the virtues of the youthful kid606 ("So there's this kid, he mash it up all over the place with the dub plate pressure all up in your face...") in a ragamuffin vocal style in amongst the squeals and yelps of glitchcore and the chilled reggae melodies and rhythms.

His website has news of his recent activities:

http://www.reckankomplex.com/