Lop-eared rabbits are rabbits that have been bred so that their ears lie flat next to the face. There are several different varieties of lop.

English Lop: Charactarized by really really long ears. The ears generally measure a minimum of 23" from the scull to tip. The ears are pointed at the end, as opposed to rounded as with some other breeds. English lops usually weigh between 8 and 10 lbs. They come in all colors, broken and solid.

French Lop: Probably developed from a combination between English lops and Angoras (once in a while a French lop litter will have a really fuzzy baby), these can weigh up to 10 lbs and have very large ears, although not as long as the English lop. They come in all colors, broken and solid.

Holland Lop: Ideally these should have the bone and muscle structure of a large rabbit but in fact only weigh between 3 and 4 lbs. (These have been bred small from really large rabbits). They come in black, white, 'fawn' and tortishell patterns.

Mini Lop: should weigh between 5 1/2 and 6. said to have a good temperment. similar to the holland lop in that the ideal 'look' is for a burly muscle skeletal structure in a little body, only it should actually be bigger than the Holland by a few lbs. The Mini lop breed was probably developed by breeding French lops and standard chinchilla rabbits (a chinchilla rabbit is different from a chinchilla).

American Fuzzy Lop: Can grow up to 4 lbs or so. Originally bred by breeding Holland lops carrying the angora gene. They have very long 'shaggy' coats and come in either solid or broken colors.