Discovered in 1886 during an excavation at the Brigg gasworks in Humberside, the Brigg Logboat was the largest logboat to be found in the British Isles. Hollowed out of a single oak tree, the boat measured some 15 metres in length, with the log's circumference being approximately six metres. It had a fitted transom at the stern, which was caulked with moss, and had undergone some very sophisticated repairs to the hull, fixed with wooden patches that were sewn on planks.

The boat was dated to approximately 830 BC, and, similarly to the Giggleswick Tarn Logboat, had holes where stabilisers or washstrakes could have been fitted to the sides to increase manoeuvrability or freeboard. It was thought that the Brigg craft could have carried 28 people when fully crewed, and it's size suggested it was more of a prestige item than a transport or fishing boat. It was an extremely impressive piece of prehistoric engineering.
Sadly, although well recorded, the Brigg Logboat was destroyed on the 16th March 1941 during World War II, after a direct hit to the Leeds Museum. The logboat was hanging from the roof in one of the galleries, but crashed to the ground and was consumed by the flames. Despite it's destruction, it still remains the largest logboat to be found in the British Isles to date.

Further information on the logboat can be found in BAR (British Archaeology Report) number 51(i), published in 1978 by Sean McGrail.