Another daylog... they are so few and far between. I write them and then before I put them up they are discarded... Somedays nothing happens and others are just full of events.

Friends of mine lost a custody battle for her kids. The judge was too lazy to do her job and just was a stupid idiot. My friend had given up a child for adoption about 15 years ago when she was just a teen and an evaulator said that this made her an unfit mother. I've met my birthmother and it takes a lot more than giving your child up for adoption to be an unfit mother. Really stupid stuff. She's been a bit depressed about it because they are so far away.

Thank god I have a good relationship with my ex. My wife and her went toy shopping over the weekend while I watched the girls. When they returned had a discussion of usage of toys. A bit surreal but we are becoming friends again. Its how it should have been but we got married and screwed it up. At least changes to my daughters care don't require a trip to a lawyer.

Work is still stupid. During a team building excercise with my director I had to write down a leadership quality he possessed. Respect? no... Trustworthy? no... Knowledgeable? no... Confidence... THERE we go... We have a winner. Come on resume do your stuff.

We are baby/kid free this weekend and a we've got a lot of plans (Parenting kills a social schedule! Friday going out to hang with friends. Saturday we might just be having some fun at home. Sunday we're going to a pot-luck this weekend. How do you bring a covered dish for 30? On word Italian! I don't know if we are going to stay for the demos afterward. Piercing and Hooks just don't sound like too much fun, well at least for now.

I'm going on about 1 month with the new me. It's pretty good. My wife likes it because I'm not getting pissed and snitty with her. I like it because I don't have nearly as much stress. We both keep waiting for the damn to break but if it was to happen it should have by now. Still have bits of depression but they don't get me as down. Gee that sounded silly.

The other night after my 5yo said "Nobody played with me today, it was a bad day. Tomorrow will be better." I broke out into, 'The sun will come out, tomorrow'. Which elicited cheers from both kids. Being a dad is great.