Moose Tracks in its present form was first created in 1993 and caused the genesis of Denali Flavors Inc. in 1996. The flavor is part of Denali's Alaskan Classics product line and is licensed to a large number of partners, most notably Hershey's.
There are six types of Moose Tracks in Denali's product line which may or may not be readily available from a given distributor:
- Cherry Moose Tracks: fudge, chocolate cherry cups, and cherry ice cream
- Chocolate Moose Tracks: chocolate ice cream, fudge, and peanut butter cups
- Extreme Moose Tracks: chocolate ice cream, fudge, and fudge cups
- Malted Moose Tracks: chocolate malted ice cream, malted milk balls, and fudge
- Moose Tracks: vanilla ice cream, peanut butter cups, and fudge
- Peanut Butter Moose Tracks: peanut butter ice cream, peanut butter cups, and fudge
Each flavor of Moose Tracks is worth a try, especially if you like a particular ingredient, but you'll more than likely find yourself coming back to the original at least occasionally.