I recall having had the best dream in quite a while.

Everyone was searching for the Superman Idol which was a mythological artifact made of sterling silver. It was an angel being crucified on a cross and was a perfect size to fit in your hand.

The power this thing it was said was phenominal, you could do anything. A perpetual magic genie with limitless wishes, all you had to do was will something with your mind while clutching this horrid thing.

Somehow I was in a mansion in some foreign country and we were all searching for it there, everyone else decided that only I knew where in the house it was. They were all double-crossing each other to get to me and to the idol, the women were offering themselves to me, the men fist fighting each other. I couldn't handle the attention and felt a sudden loathing for mankind that multiplied by the second, I kept thinking of a peaceful blankness, like the kind you'd get if you turned on channel 74 with no cable and the mute button on. The thought went over and over and stronger and stronger when I suddenly realized I had the idol in my hand and I was clutching it, thinking these thoughts and wishing them, my last thought was I wasn't really too disturbed over the fact that I was responsible for willing the complete eradication of the universe on accident. Everything was nothing now.

I woke up thinking how such a cool short story this would make and started making notes for the project.