14/88 is a code used by some racist skinheads, Neo-Nazis, and other white supremacists.

14

The number 14 stands for the "14 Words statement." It was authored by white supremacist David Lane (now in prison for 190 years). He was the leader of The Order, a Northwest-based terrorist organization that was responsible for numerous bank robberies and the killing of talk show host Alan Berg in 1984 (the 1999 film Brotherhood of Murder is based on the story of this organization). Lane (in absentia) and his wife later founded hate-press-distributing 14 Words Press.

"We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."
This has been a rallying cry and an identification mark for white supremacists far and wide. Available wherever such views are subscribed to.

88

The number 88 is an abbreviation for Heil Hitler. 'H' is the eighth letter of the alphabet; repeated twice, it yields HH. There is also some similarity in shape between '88' and 'HH', exploited to good effect by skinhead artists. David Lane has written the 88 Precepts, a rather significant document for white supremacists. The symbol was supposedly spread in the Sixties by James Rosenberg, a Jewish (!) Neo-Nazi.

Recently, Target was forced to pull a line of clothing called '88' because of Anti-Defamation League protests. All of the items of this line were prominently adorned with the number. The clothes were designed by Target's design branch, Utility; it is not known whether there is any white supremacist connection.