Heck, I thougt I was alone in this...

I can recall hearing Johnny and Mary for the first time. I was in school, and we were testing the school internal sound broadcast system, because we were allowed to made a sort of radio program in the last 15 minutes of class. We had the Johnny and Mary single and we were running from class to class (it was late in the evening and the school was deserted), pumping up the volume to test how louder we can play the music.

I remember feeling something very weird an intense. I didn’t understand English at that time, so it was the music, it had to be the music. I was very young, 11 years old, maybe, it was something sexual, something that made me feel my life larger than it was, something outside that was pulling me.

Later on, I came to the conclusion that this was just another youth awakening, for the first time, I felt moved by a song that I heard by myself for the first time.
I mean, Lou Reed and David Bowie are my favourite artists, because I had two sisters older than me, and I heard that music all time at home. But I remember this song as a personal discovery, as a revelation of something very cool and at that time very powerful.

BTW, I had the chance to meet Robert Palmer when I was working at EMI, but that day we had two different artists in the city, so we have to split and I couldn’t go to the supper. My workmate later told me that he was a “gentleman”…

Cool damn Everything!