A couple of years ago, after a full week of meetings with a foreign client, we took him to a nearby bar, in order to get him drunk and consequently avenge the ridiculous financial situation where we were at that time.

After dozens of beers (chopp, actually) the kiwi executive said: "Brazilians can't get drunk properly!". We didn't believe it - he was trying to drink more than ten crazy geeks!

He asked the waiter for a shot of vodka, while we were smiling to each other - we could drink vodka all night long without many problems. He also asked for a spoon, and an empty small glass. We started to become curious...

Then he put the glass upside down, fill the small concavity with vodka using the spoon, and for our surprise, sniffed everything! Nobody could believe it ! Even the waiter were calling the other guys of the bar to check crazy gringo in a dark suit, sniffing vodka...

After lots of peer pressure, for the sake of male bonding, we decided to try. It couldn't be that hard, since we saw the guy doing this three times, under close supervision...

Well, it hurts. A lot. It makes you cry, and your nose looks like Niagara Falls. But it works! Get drunk instantaneously, alcohol right into your brain! And it's cheap - a shot lasts for hours.

That's our first time. It doesn't become an habit after that, but we won a couple of bets (one of them with a French bartender) and had some fun using this sophisticated technique.