So, either I'm paranoid, or someone is out to get me, or both. Some backstory:

The other day I was standing around smoking and waiting for the bus that would take me to work. All of a sudden I just felt disgusted with the very idea of smoking. I ground it out and haven't had one since. Very strange, but I like it. Not smoking cigarettes, that is. I don't miss it much, though I have been compensating a bit by smoking marijuana fairly often. Tonight I went down to The Diner in Adams Morgan for a quick dinner. Before I left I got pretty high, maybe a little more so than I had anticipated. I got a cheeseburger, which was pretty craptacular, a real letdown. A couple of guys down the counter got meatloaf, and that looked much better. About halfway through my meal, a cop sits down next to me and orders a hot chocolate. That made me a little nervous, as I was high as hell and, since I didn't have cigarette smoke to cover up the smell, I was obviously high and now there is a cop sitting 6 inches away from me. Anyway, I just sat there, finished my milkshake calm as can be, paid my bill, left the tip, and split. Motherfucking 23 Skidoo.

Now the freaky-scary part where I question if that really happened or if I'm imagining all of this due to being, legitimally, really intoxicated. I'm walking back to my apartment and am about to reach the entrance I normally go into and out of. There is a guy walking the other direction. He says something really quietly right as we pass, and after maybe ten seconds I realize what he said was "silly pothead". I turn around and don't see him on the street anywhere, so I go into my building and watch from one of the big windows in the stairwell. A car that was parked on my side of the street near where we had passed each other started up and did a quick U-turn to go north on Connecticut. It looked like the same guy, though I did not get a great look either time.

I sort of regret not mentioning this in my earlier post. I don't know, I guess I sort of feel like people are going to think I am making this up or being crazy. Believe me, I would pick more amusing and fanciful things if I was going to make up weird shit. But the Craigslist post that I replied to that ended up with me getting those anonymous threats would alternate with another post, one that was about about how Maryland drivers should all be shot on sight. This post made it sound like the poster lived on Connecticut Ave, near the DC/Maryland border on the DC side. Which would put the car going in the right direction.

So, I guess just in case, I'm going to say that he had dark hair and was taller and somewhat bigger than me, maybe 5'11' or so. I really did not get a good look at him, though. The car was a two door, some old piece of shit, looked like silver or gray, something like that.

Of course right now I have no evidence, not even any certainty myself, just a vague paranoia. Is that guy I emailed seriously crazy? Did he track me down? Was he waiting outside my apartment at 12:30 AM? Fuck I hope not.