Tonight I might get to see the aurora borealis. This is a VERY uncommon opportunity, considering I live in the southern US. I've seen it twice before in Alabama; once previously this year and once 11 years prior. That's appropriate since the solar flare cycle is 11 years. Hopefully tonight will be a good show. A good omen would sure be welcome right now.

I talked to my parents last night about my office closing and me losing my job. It wasn't exactly news to them...my mom's my boss, and her job is on the line too. They told me repeatedly that I shouldn't worry, and to not let this get me down. It was really nice of them to be so supportive. I'm not nearly so worried about it now. Dad and Mom both suggested that this would be a great time to get started back on my bachelors. I tend to agree; I also think that I'm more responsible and less likely to screw up again now that I've worked for a few years and am 24 as opposed to 19. I've needed something to force me to get back in school. I think this is it. I've contacted the local jr college and they have my transcript now. I'll be taking a couple of math's in the spring. I don't know what I'll use to fill out my schedule. Maybe an art appreciation and a guitar class.

The workout program has been going well...I'm getting used to the routine of getting up earlier, and I like having more of the day to use. Unsurprisingly, my soreness after each workout has abated somewhat. I seem to be putting on weight too. Maybe I'll get to the fabulous 200 mark. 15 lbs to go...and I have 11 weeks to get there. The increased discipline has been a positive change in other areas of my life too, and even seems to act as an antidepressant. Maybe it's the endorphin release from the excercise, or just that I'm sleeping better. The psychological effects are noticable too. My self-esteem is up, but I'm less concerned with what others think of me. Perhaps the metaphor most appropriate is the Gordian knot. Stated more simply...

action is better than inaction.