Popular business phone directory published and distributed in Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, and Texas, by Feist Publications, Inc., headquartered in Spearville, Kansas. Forced Southwestern Bell to actually start advertising their Yellow Pages directory, since it's no longer the only choice.

Their catchy radio ads ("I like Feist!") feature testimonials from small business owners saying (x > 80%) of their business comes through the Feist. Appeals to consumers with a comprehensive set of metro area maps in the directory, including a map page number and sector for each entry in the directory.

One of the more interesting Feist-related facts is the U.S. Supreme Court case in which they fought for, and won, the ability to copy listings from preexisting phone directories (almost always distributed by the local telco); the court decided that factual information cannot be copyrighted. The case has since been cited in several other major copyright cases. Feist Publications, Inc. v. Rural Tel. Serv. Co., 499 U.S. 340 (1991).

From 1999-2000, a commonly used tool for administering justice on Walker 4E at the University of Oklahoma. Other tools of justice included Thermodynamics texts, or for a milder justice, copies of Maxim or the Old Farmer's Almanac, at least one of which were usually at hand.

Sources:
http://www.feist.com/
My memory