A better than average sequel to an excellent Comedy/action/pseudo-horror movie.

Years after the first movie concluded, after they saved the city and the dimension from apocalypse, the government placed a restraining order against the Ghostbusters, prohibiting them from conducting any paranormal research and/or ghostcatching.

The group tries to get by; Peter Vankman hosts a "World of the Psychic" talk show, Ray and Winston are showing up for birthday parties, Egon is a researcher. Dana, Peter's love interest, has a baby.

There's been a hiatus of all ghostly phenomena, paranormal activity died down since Gozer vanished. Remember a Twinkie thirty-five feet long weighing approximately six hundred pounds? It went back to normal...for a few years.

All of a sudden, mysterious phenomena occur. Dana's baby carriage begins to move through traffic, stopping in the middle of a crosswalk, the bathtub tries to eat him. Ectoplasmic Slime begins to show up all over the city.

It's another movie about the Ghostbusters trying to save the city from ghosts, and a powerful Anti-christ-like figure trying to take over the world. The entire cast has returned, there are some cool special effects, and lots and lots of slime.

The slime is bringing ghosts back, it's tuned to negative emotions and energy from the city. It all seems to focus on the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art. Cheech Marin has a cameo when the Titanic shows up.

I don't want to give anything away, but if you liked the first one, you'll love the second one. All the humor of Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, Rick Moranis, and Harold Ramis returns, even better than the first. Egon is nerdy, Peter has wit that rivals James Bond.

The entire Ghostbusters team is great, all the actors have this chemistry that just makes them a blast to watch. There was a lot of ad-libbing in the first one, and this one has great ones as too.

Some great quotes:
Ray Stantz: You think this river of slime has anything to do with this Vigo character?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Is the atomic weight of cobalt 58.9?

Peter Venkman: Hi, Egon. How's school? I bet those science chicks really dig that large cranium of yours, huh?
Egon Spengler: I think they're more interested in my epididymis.

The Mayor: Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Sometimes, shit happens, someone has to deal with it, and who are you gonna call?!

Ray Stantz: You mean you never even had a Slinky?
Egon Spengler: We had part of a Slinky. But I straightened it.

(At the foot of the Statue of Liberty.) Dr. Peter Venkman: Kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it?
Winston: Wonder what?
Dr. Peter Venkman: Whether she's naked under that toga. She *is* French. You know that.

Directed by Ivan Reitman, written by Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis. 1989, one of the better comedy movies of the 80's.