A famous actress who starred in The Nanny.

Very hard to describe, she is known for her Jewish humor and Queens accent. Her character is ditzy, but very funny.

She is most known for her voice. It is very nasal.


From TheNanny,com:
Fran, born and raised in Queens, New York, wanted to be an actress from the time she was a child. She attended Hillcrest High School, a career-oriented school, and studied drama. She met her husband, Peter Marc Jacobson, in the drama club and they have been together ever since.

After a year at Queens College, Fran and Peter decided they needed a practical trade to fall back on and entered cosmetology school. After receiving their licenses, they opened a mini-salon giving $5.00 haircuts.

Fran's first feature film role was in "Saturday Night Fever." Her other film credits include "American Hot Wax ," "Gorp,""The Hollywood Knights," "Ragtime," "Cadillac Man," " Serious Money" and "It Had To Be You." Her role in the cult classic "This is Spinal Tap" won her a "five minute Oscar" from Esquire magazine. (She later revived her Spinal Tap character, Bobbi Flekman, for a Nanny Episode.)

She starred in the series "Princesses" and has guested on television in "Alf," "Night Court," "Nine to Five," "Fame," "The Tracy Ullman Show" and " Civil Wars." Fran also co-starred in the television movies "Love and Betrayal" and "Terror in the Towers."

Fran and Peter, who serve as co-creators, writers and producers on "The Nanny," still find outlets for their entrepreneurial spirit. She and Peter are partners in a gourmet food line which produces Loaf n' Kisses Gourmet Croutons. " The 1988 writer's strike was the catalyst that got us started," she explains.

Fran, born on September 30, lives in Los Angeles with her pomeranian, Chester, who's also made a number of appearances on "The Nanny" (as CC's dog.)

 /End Quote 

She has been on Jay Leno and David Letterman several times. Oh, and the bio forgot to include her starring role in The Beautician and the Beast and her cool cameo in UHF.

She has written a really good autobiography, called Enter Whining, one of the best celebrity ones I've ever read. She is sick of being confused with Marisa Tomei and Laura San Giocomo. Other than that, she's hysterical.

Recently, she just came out with another book called Cancer Shmancer, when she tells of her dealing with surviving breast cancer.

Her filmography (courtesy IMDB):

1. Kid Quick (2000) .... Kerry
... aka Adventures of Kid Quick, The (2000) (USA)
2. Picking Up the Pieces (2000) .... Sister Frida
3. CBS: The First 50 Years (1998) (TV) .... Herself
4. The Beautician and the Beast (1997) .... Joy Miller
5. 'Weird Al' Yankovic: The Videos (1996) (V) .... Pamela Finklestein (UHF)
6. Jack (1996) .... Dolores 'D.D.' Durante
7. Nanny Christmas Special: Oy to the World, The (1995) (TV) (voice) .... Fran Fine
8. Car 54, Where Are You? (1994) .... Velma Velour
9. The Nanny (1993) TV Series .... Fran Fine/Sheffield
10. Without Warning: Terror in the Towers (1993) (TV) .... Rosemarie Russo
11. We're Talking Serious Money (1992) .... Valerie
12. "Princesses" (1991) TV Series .... Melissa Kirshner
13. Wedding Band (1990) .... Veronica
14. Cadillac Man (1990) .... Joy Munchack
15. It Had to Be You (1989)
16. Big Picture, The (1989) .... Polo Habel
17. UHF (1989) .... Pamela Finklestein
... aka The Vidiot From UHF (1989)
18. Love and Betrayal (1989) (TV) .... Germaine
... aka Throw Away Wives (1989) (TV) (USA)
19. What's Alan Watching? (1989) (TV) .... Gail Hoffstetter
20. Rock 'n' Roll Mom (1988) (TV) .... Jody Levin
21. "Charmed Lives" (1986) TV Series .... Joyce Columbu
22. Rosebud Beach Hotel, The (1984) .... Linda
... aka Big Lobby (1984)
... aka No-Tell Hotel, The (1984)
23. This Is Spinal Tap (1984) .... Bobbi Flekman
24. Doctor Detroit (1983) .... Karen Blittstein
25. Young Lust (1981)
26. Ragtime (1981) .... Mameh
27. Gorp (1980) .... Evie
28. Hollywood Knights, The (1980) .... Sally
29. Stranger in Our House (1978) (TV) .... Carolyn
... aka Summer of Fear (1978) (TV)
30. American Hot Wax (1978) .... Sheryl
31. Saturday Night Fever (1977) .... Connie