Cast:Tom Cruise, Jeremy Blackman, Jason Robards, John C. Reilly, Philip Baker Hall, William H. Macy, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Alfred Molina, Julianne Moore, and so many more.
Written And Directed By:P.T. Anderson

A mosaic of human life. Seven people, seven stories, each of which has something in common with the others. Many of the characters interact with one another or are so similar that they seem to feel the exact same way at the exact same time. A child(Blackman) forced into a world of questions at a game show being denied his rights that he so deserves in the process. The former whiz kid(Macy) has become nothing more than an appliance salesman who hangs around a tavern lusting for the bartender. The game show host(Hall) discovers he has cancer and continues on with the show and his secrets from his past. The daughter of the game show host caught in a world of drugs, sex and violence. The producer of the game show(Robards) is old and also dying of cancer in his bed unable to think straight because of the morphine. The old mans nurse(Hoffman) attempts to reunite him with his long lost sex-guru son. The sex-guru(Cruise) holds a seminar bashing women and their views, only to be known that he has disowned his father in the process. The trophy wife(Moore) of the old man, who takes the prescription drugs as her own, to relieve an incurable inner pain. The Cop(Reilly) who meets the daughter by chance and immediately falls in love also encounters the former whiz kid later on.

The film is involving and long, but there is never a dull moment, especially the bizarre conclusion which will puzzle everyone who ever watches it. It has to do with chance and that it is a fact that strange things happen all the time. My rating: 9.5/10...ribbit.