It's here! It's here! Proof:

http://bevnet.com/reviews/mountain_dew_pitch_black/

I couldn't believe it when I saw it. You see, in middle school, I wrote a lot of comics about my best friend who, like me, had (and still has) a great love of the extreme soda known as Mountain Dew. In one comic, this friend traveled up to heaven and saw a soda machine filled with such delicious variations of the original soft drink such as Philly Cheesesteak, Crack Cocaine, and, yes, grape flavored Mountain Dew. Recently, I wrote a Daniel Clowes-esque comic about my friend, all grown up and depressed. He went into a restaurant to drown his sorrows in a glass of Pitch Black Mountain Dew. This is uncanny, you see, because...

Pitch Black Mountain Dew is now a real product!

This new soda follows Mountain Dew Code Red and Mountain Dew LiveWire in the tradition of fruity flavors with a caffeine bite. It is actually pitch freaking black and takes on a grape flavor.

First the Spy vs. Spy ad and now this, a Mountain Dew for the goth kiddies to hold in one hand while smoking Djarum Blacks in the other. Is Pepsico reading my mind? Well, it's only available for a limited time, so maybe not all of my beverage-related prayers have been answered.