When I moved to Ohio from New Jersey, I raided the local grocery store and was shocked. SHOCKED at the absence of what I thought was a mainstream brand of potato chip, Herr's.

I had been warned about the nonexistence of Tastykakes and Wawa Iced Tea before the move, but I thought that Herr's, with the catchy slogan, "Make Herr's Yours," would always be around. Now, perhaps most have you have never had the pleasure of tasting the many weird and excellent flavors that Herr's provides. They aren't one of those gross "health" potato chip brands like Kettle Chips and shit. They have the texture and crispiness of the mainstream brands, but are far more flavorful. Maybe a little harsh for those of you who haven't aquired the tastes of vinegar and other things I love, but they do a damn good job of making a quality potato chip. There's even a neat little story on the back of each bag, talking about the pride they take in their work. Of course, I don't have a bag nearby, so I can't reproduce this story.

So. The flavors. Well, they have your standard fare, but they also have original ones like Ketchup, Dill Pickle, Salt and Pepper, Old Bay Seasoning, and a Salt and Vinegar flavor that puts all others to shame. Each one of the flavors I mentioned makes my mouth water. New Jersey has some great snack foods. I miss that.