Today, I found my cat batting a Five-lined skink about the front hall. How the skink got in the house I don't know. This is a strictly indoor cat. I rescued the lizard while the cat ate the thrashing blue tail. Yummy ...probably to be followed by puking after midnight.

Mr. Half-a-Tail skink is now in my neighbor (the nature lady)'s lizard/frog abode with a warming rock and a bowl full of meal worms.

What is it with my family? We had a gerbil with a "degloving injury" to its tail, requiring an amputation. My son just adopted a 3 legged kitten (car accident). The attack cat is himself has a sideways knee cap on one hind leg and an ankle full of hardware on the other. They have all done well. The gerbil had many, many babies before retiring from her active social life. The kitten is as frisky as any kitten I've ever know. Even though my lizard tail eating attack cat is orthopedically challenged and can't jump due to his multiple hind leg injuries he seems happy. Hope Mr. Half-a-Tail Skink fares as well. Mr. H-a-T Skink should be OK if he doesn't get an infection from the wounds.

Here is a totally ripped off but appropriate to the day joke
(from http://www.gmee.com/jokes/diet.html):

"A Feline Diet:
Most diets fail because we are still thinking and eating like people. For those us who have never had any success dieting. Well now there is the new Miracle Cat Diet! This diet will also work on humans!

Except for cats that eat like people -- such as getting lots of table scraps -- most cats are long and lean (or tiny and petite). the Cat Miracle Diet will help you achieve the same lean, svelte figure. Just follow this diet for one week and you'll find that you not only look and feel better, but you will have a whole new outlook on what constitutes food. Good Luck!

Breakfast: Open can of expensive gourmet cat food. Any flavor as long as it cost more the .75 per can -- and place 1/4 cup on your plate. Eat 1 bite of food; look around room disdainfully. Knock the rest on the floor. Stare at the wall for awhile before stalking off into the other room. Lunch: Four blades of grass and one lizard tail. Throw it back up on the cleanest carpet in your house.

Dinner: Catch a moth and play with it until it is almost dead. Eat one wing. Leave the rest to die.

Bedtime snack: Steal one green bean from your spouse's or partner's plate. Bat it around the floor until it goes under the refrigerator. Steal one small piece of chicken and eat half of it. Leave the other half on the sofa. Throw out the remaining gourmet cat food from the can you opened this morning. "

Oh yeah, my kitty loves to eat moths too and sniffs distainfully at tuna and liver.