Oh no! The page you are looking for does not exist. Go back, friend, go back.

Invariably, all I'm trying to do is check my email, the weather, what's on TV later tonight, and the latest writings on E2 when I click on something and get a message such as the one above. Generally, it's on weather.com because I'm curious to find out more information about the Japanese fisherman who thought he caught a sea monster, but it was actually an endangered species of spotted shark, which he proudly paraded through his small village...or...what the scientists are saying about the full moons this summer or the price going up on coffee...the all-time best being an article on how weather.com and The Office of Emergency Management at the White House were joining forces to make our lives better through safe communications. Nice little photograph of the White House, so I click on the link and AM SUDDENLY IN THE MIDST OF PAGES AND PAGES of some programmer's code. Panicking, I go tell my eldest son who is still sleeping.


Most of the time, he is quite patient with my computer misadventures, and he always listens first in utter disbelief. "Okay", he'll mumble, "I need to shower or have a cup of tea, Mom." Sometimes I must wait until he eats a meal so he's not short-tempered, then efficiently fixes whatever I've done with lightning speed, leaving me in my 61-year-old dust of computer ignorance. If we are both relaxed and I show him how I got to the wrong place, he is usually astonished, then says it's not my fault.


Twice this summer I had sent feedback to weather.com. The first time was when there was a full moon called a Blood Moon, but the text behind the meteorologist said "Blood Mood". The second time was the link to the White House photograph. No response either time, yet after four hours or so, the moon misspelling was changed and the White House photograph was gone, the title linked to an external article. One more time and I'm switching to just sticking my head outside and winging it.


But then it happened again. A Home Depot sponsored article entitled "WEEKENED WARRIOR: Make Your Own Cooler Picnic Table." In an effort to be humorous while our roof is still leaking, both toilets are being tempermental and the gutters are clogged, the photograph drew my attention. Inviting, refreshing, a simple happy family project was my hope. Clicked on link despite typo and found fourteen pages of materials and step-by-step instructions.


Talk about reinventing the wheel; it was basically your typical wooden backyard picnic table, made from scratch with power tools and an insert for ice for beer. I forwarded the link to my daughter and sons, saying "Why haven't we ever thought of this?" Then I clicked on feedback to weather.com and in short, explained this was the third typo, that I'm old, that I can't help spotting typos and did their proofreader need help. I was polite. Again, no response from weather.com and article was removed. Sigh.