Contrary to popular belief and lies perpetuated by an Intrepid Interviewer, the real Jay Bonci is the product of a stable home, his parents Joseph and Mary, simple Jewish folk. Jay was home schooled and picked up the trade secrets of his father, an honest carpenter. He is fluent in Aramaic, but has a few odd habits. Like walking on water, changing a few loaves of bread and a couple of fish into enough food to feed throngs of hungry, homeless people. Personally, I find this commendable. Why he is compelled to do this on mountaintops, God only knows.

He speaks in parables, when he's not writing cryptic code in the dirt. Even his closest friends often are confused by his words and actions. He is very forgiving, especially of people we might call sinners. He is known for his many quotes and radical ideas about loving your neighbors. He has had many books written about him. He hasn't let fame go to his head, as some might.

I met Jay Bonci on several occasions on this road to Emmaus, Pennsylvania. He denied even knowing the "other person" three times, or maybe it was his friend, Peter, who had an old pickup truck full of roosters, who was the denouncer. In any event, there appears to be a case of mistaken identity. Jay unfortunately died young, but his many followers can be found everywhere.