Fuck of a week. Weather variable and not a factor. NOT ENOUGH SLEEP. I cannot convince my husband that dark equals night equals sleep equals stay in bed until morning. I'm hyper vigilant, although slept through the rare earthquake that measured 2.6 at 3:30am and was featured on the local news, plus brought two NBC vans and reporters to the church parking lot next door to our house.

We've been in the middle of a three week long in-home VNA evaluation for husband's increasing shortness of breath. It seems the specialists either don't care or are on vacation. First week, we had three different people arrive, only two of which really knew what they were doing.

I don't like to complain about nurses, but there were some serious boundary issues, condescending remarks, and plain old incompetence. Even my husband sensed it...plus their visits disrupted his much needed daily routine at The Adult Day Care Center.

This is when you realize having health insurance means nothing. Don't even get me going on Medicare and the new guidelines. Shame on them, but they don't know how many times I've watched the movie Erin Brockovich to raise my fighting spirit. Told one medical person on the phone, it's a good thing we don't have a gun in the house because I also watch a lot of old Westerns.