I was just in Chicago and they had this chain there, so I figured I'd do a smidge of research on what exactly the span, the reach, the sphere of influence of White Hen Pantry Inc. is. Here's what google tellz me...
GLEN ELLYN, Ill. (Feb. 22, 2000) -- In the first major acquisition to hit the industry this year, Clark Retail Enterprises Inc. has acquired fellow Illinois chain White Hen Pantry Inc., lifting Clark to the 11th largest convenience store chain in the country, the companies will announce in a news conference today.

http://www.csnews.com/news/archive/bn_1845.html
very exciting indeed!

White Hen Pantry, Inc., with headquarters in Elmhurst, Illinois, is a division of Clark Retail Group, Inc. Clark is based in Glen Ellyn, Illinois and is a leading owner and operator of convenience food stores and gasoline retail locations. The Clark Retail Group portfolio includes Clark Retail Enterprises, Inc., consisting of 673 company-operated and 225 branded jobber gasoline and convenience stores in the Central United States and 298 White Hen Pantry, Inc., predominately franchise-operated convenience food stores in the greater Chicago, Illinois and greater Boston, Massachusetts markets.

jobber?