Snippet courtesy of http://www.gundamproject.com:

The "∀" of the title, which you're instructed to read as "Turn A," is a logical symbol called the "universal quantifier," which means "for all the elements of a set." Thus, the title suggests that this series is intended to encompass all two decades of the Mobile Suit Gundam saga, even the recent "alternate universe" stories.

Thank you Gundam Project. (Gundam Project, R.I.P. March 2002)

The series aired from April 9, 1999, to March 31, 2000 during which it had a run of 50 episodes, one more than Gundam W. Featuring music by Yoko Kanno, and Gundam designs by Kunio Okawara and westerner Syd Mead (of Blade Runner fame). The series is referred to by many as the "Miyazaki of Gundam" due to it's atypical story and unconventional designs. And continuing her relationship with Bandai Visual and Sunrise, Yoko Kanno returned again to compose the soundtrack for Turn A Gundam. The soundtrack to the show is one of her best, and stands out as one of the best soundtracks in all of Gundam history.

The core of the show revolves around Earth an untold number of years in the future. Presumably, so far ahead ANY of the events in any of the Gundam series could have occured. The Earth in Turn A Gundam is devastated, most of the advanced technology has been lost, to the point that the most advanced vehicle is a prop biplane.

The space colonies, unaffected by whatever destroyed most of civilization on Earth, decide to claim what they believe to be rightfully theirs, and begin attacking the societies of earth, who fight back as best they can, including using mobile suit artifacts they dig up from the past wars.

Currently, the series is undergoing editing at Sunrise for its eventual release as a 2 movie compilation much like the first Gundam series was. Bandai Entertainment currently holds North American license on this (and all other Gundam shows), but has not revealed any plans for its release at this time in North America.

This does NOT make it fair game for fansubs.