- Put the kettle on to boil.
- Once boiled put some boiling water into the teapot to warm the pot.
- Tip this water out.
- Leave the kettle to boil again.
- Add one tea bag for every cup you need to the teapot, plus one for the pot.
- Important. Put the boiling water into the pot. Swill it around.
- Leave to mash for about 3-5 minutes depending upon what strength you like.You may want to put a tea cosy on the pot to keep it warm.
- Pour a bit of milk into each cup. The cup should be china, ideally.
Some may argue to put milk last, but this gives a much bitter taste.
- Add the tea, strring with a teaspoon
- Remove the tea bags if you are going to pour some more tea later.
- Serve with a Rich tea biscuit.
BTW Americans cannot make a proper cup of tea, their common mistake is to use luke warm water then wave a tea bag at it.