Now, I haven't been a noder for as long as many of you, and I've never gotten past being an Initiate. I have, however read many of the wonderful things here on E2, and contributed a little. I've come to have a great respect for the Everything Database, and those who use it. I have come to think of it as a great work of humanity, as there are so many opinions, classic works of literature, original creations as good as anything else I've read, and other expressions of what makes us human here within the nodes. That's what makes E2 so much better than the "competition" in my opinion. Today, however, I discovered this whole "Google Communities" thing. I have only this to say: if it weren’t the first of April, I'd be quite angry.

I know that this Google buyout isn't for real. For a moment though, I did. I was so enraged as to create a node called "Messor's Last Stand," in which I intended to rant angrily at everyone for what seemed to have happened. The moral of the story, I suppose, is that you should never take E2 seriously on April 1, and that we all should think before acting, lest we clutter the server with useless nodeshells.

I was even going to say "You've killed E2! You bastards!" at the top of my node...