.

With the state of the US economy being as it is, little difference will be made by swearing in a Republican versus a Democrat. Our place as the economic leader of the world will only be maintained by the same qualities that originally forged our might; namely, American ingenuity and creativity supported by a highly educated and motivated workforce. Unfortunately, the American nation ranks poorly in education (especially in science and technology), falling behind countries that were described as "third-world" only a generation ago. Out of 21 industrialized countries, U.S. 12th graders ranked 19th in math, 16th in science, and last in advanced physics. (Education in the United States)

. .

Today, of course, the economy is at the forefront of voter concern, but for some reason there also exists the idea that voting more Republicans into power will somehow save the economy? If only the Republican politician practiced what he preached. If only he actually limited government spending, and passed legislation to further the noble ideal inherent to "small government." Republicans haven't followed this model for decades. If they did, you would find me lined-up to support their economic policy. Well that, aaand if they strictly adhered to the Constitution.

. . .

I tend to think that this little document got things pretty damn right. I can't abide those who attempt to supersede or ignore the Constitution; strange, I know.* This adds up to my support of the Libertarian political philosophy. It can be hard to support it in practice, while the American two-party system ensures its relegation to "just barely aware of" in the average voter's mind. Our closed, unhealthy system caters to manipulative, greedy individuals that exhibit selfishness as though it were a trait to be proud of.

. . . .

Swapping out one party for another won't amount to jack-shit. How does anyone think that Republicans are going to help the economy? Republicans passed the legislation that deregulated the banking system in the first place back in '99. It was this fact, more than any other, that is to blame for a banking market that essentially had the ability to directly regulate its profit margin. I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time. It was then president and Republican, George Bush, that signed the subsequent bank bailout into law.

. . . . .

In a rare interview, we were able to contact BofA, which had this to say: "I'm sorry, America, but after destroying your economy, we're going to take tax dollars to ensure that we don't have to deal with the consequences of our actions. In fact, we're going to slap you silly and even use your money to payout massive bonuses to our CEOs, because fuck you, that's w- Uhhh... I mean, we're too big to fail. Yeah. Yeah that's the ticket. If I'm going I'm taking all you suckers with me!"

. . . . . .

Of course, keeping the incumbent Democrat isn't going to help the matter either. Lest you think the earlier mention of deregulation was wholly a Republican mistake, Clinton was totally on-board for deregulation as well. Both sides are guilty of widespread corruption. Unfortunately, the majority of politicians, regardless of affiliation, are so in-bed with the private sector, the average American's interests come merely as an afterthought. For his work passing the de-regulating Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Sen. Phil Gramm (R-Texas) and two other lobbyists collected $750,000 in fees from UBS’s American subsidiary. (Education in the United States).

. . . . .

The beautiful system called Democracy as created by the founding fathers sees more corrosion each and every day. Legislation is purchased. It is not the will of the people, chiseled onto stone, of course not. It is not even the will of a democratic majority of the people.

. . . .

I grow tired, bitter and cynical about one of the great love affairs of my life.

. . .

America, once the pinnacle of freedom, an inexhaustible herald of progress.

. .

Ah America... you're breaking my heart.

.



* Let me be more specific. To disregard the separation of church and state is tantamount to pulling the keystone from the arch.