Pretenders hide the Transformers inside!

AUTOBOT: GROUNDBREAKER

FUNCTION: GROUND TROOPER
"The first one in is the first to win!"

A fast-moving fighting machine. Always the first to arrive and the first to start shooting. Brash, impulsive. Acts like someone with his foot on the accelerator. Built-in thermal and geological sensors in helmet home in on enemy installations and fuel supplies. High-density outer armor emits laser beam force field that can withstand direct enemy bombardment. Equipped with state-of-the-art, radar-targeting electron assault rifle. Also armed with laser-guided, programmable pulse blaster that flies and functions by remote control. Rocket car has all-terrain capabilities and can reach speeds of Mach 1.

  • Strength: 7
  • Intelligence: 6
  • Speed: 6
  • Endurance: 8
  • Rank: 5
  • Courage: 10
  • Firepower: 8
  • Skill: 7
Transformers Tech Specs


Pretty much the same as Landmine, although a rocket car is at rather more useful than an all-terrain asteroid mining vehicle. Like his fellow Pretenders Sky High and Splashdown, Groundbreaker had the dubious distinction of wearing an animal face on the chest of his human outer shell -- in this case, an orange tiger. I don't find it surprising that these three were the ones omitted from the Japanese "Transformers: Masterforce" cartoon.