Transforms from jet to robot and back!

DECEPTICON: DARKWING

FUNCTION: AERIAL ASSAULT
"Things are never as bad as they seem--usually they're worse."

Never has anything nice to say, but says it anyway. Believes that life is one long ordeal of pain and suffering and strives to insure that others experience more of it than he does. Binary bonded to the Nebulan, Throttle, a hot-headed burglar prone to over-heating while in engine mode. Armed with two laser-guided electro-kinetic blasters. Combines with Dreadwind to form the fearsome Dreadwing.

  • Strength: 6
  • Intelligence: 7
  • Speed: 7
  • Endurance: 5
  • Rank: 5
  • Courage: 7
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 8
Transformers Tech Specs


When the Powermasters were introduced, they were created along the traditional Transformers lines: Autobots are ground-based, Decepticons are air-based. Unfortunately, there were only seven Powermasters altogether, so they didn't get much time to flesh the lineup out. The Powermasters were an attempt to extend the "master" line of toys when the Headmasters and Targetmasters were being shrunk in size, but without a cartoon to help sell your toys in America, there's only so much you can do.

Darkwing, a dark gray Panavia Tornado, was introduced in the Transformers comics in issue #42, along with the other Powermasters, and appeared again from time to time, almost always together with Dreadwind. In the Japanese cartoon "Transformers: Masterforce", Darkwing was named Hydra.