Baureihe (Class) 364 is Deutsche Bahn's designation for the light, radio-controlled version of the 'V60' diesel shunter, i.e. a 360 retrofitted with a remote control.
As a side effect, this led to the replacement of the original handwheel controller by joysticks so controlling the loco is about the same no matter whether one is actually in the cab or just running around with a radio control strapped to one's belly.
Technical fact sheet:
- Concept: C layout (three coupled axles in a rigid frame, lateral motion device on middle axle); the single diesel engine drives a crankshaft through an articulated shaft, a fluid transmission and a two-speed mechanical gearbox; the crankshaft in turn drives the side rods coupling the wheels
- Power: 478 kW
- Traction: 159 kN maximum in high-traction gear
- Top speed: 60 km/h in high-speed gear, 30 km/h in high-traction gear
- Total weight: 48.3 tonnes (16.1 tonnes per axle)
- Length: 10.45 m
- Total wheel base: 4.4 m
- Height: 4.25 m
- Width: 3.1 m
- Diameter of driven wheels: 1.25 m
- Tank volume: 1.3 m3 (some models 1.7 m3
These data are the same as for the 360.