Baureihe (Class) 362 is the light, radio-controllable, remotorised version of the V60 series of diesel shunters. It is thus the same as the 364, just with a modern, cleaner and more efficient Caterpillar diesel.
Technical fact sheet:
- Concept: C layout (three coupled axles in a rigid frame, lateral motion device on middle axle); the single diesel engine drives a crankshaft through an articulated shaft, a fluid transmission and a two-speed mechanical gearbox; the crankshaft in turn drives the side rods coupling the wheels
- Power: 465 kW
- Traction: 178 kN maximum in high-traction gear, 135 kN maximum in high-speed gear
- Top speed: 60 km/h in high-speed gear, 30 km/h in high-traction gear
- Total weight: 48.3 tonnes (16.1 tonnes per axle)
- Length: 10.45 m
- Total wheel base: 4.4 m
- Height: 4.25 m
- Width: 3.1 m
- Diameter of driven wheels: 1.25 m
- Tank volume: 1.3 m3 (some models 1.7 m3
These data are the same as for the other light V60s such as the 360 and the 365, except for the slightly lower motor power (which does not change the traction values as they are limited by the transmission).