Vin Scully is the beloved broadcaster for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Scully began his career with the Brooklyn team in 1947 (the year Jackie Robinson debuted) and is currently the longest tenured broadcaster in the Major Leagues. Scully is known for his impartial style of announcing, his soft understated wit, his countless entertaining anecdotes, and his consistently fresh commentary.

Scully is not only one of the most knowledgeble announcers today, but he is also one of the best prepared, researching the players for two to three hours prior to each game. As the Dodgers broadcaster for over fifty years, and as the World Series broadcaster for CBS, Scully has made some of the most famous calls in baseball history, including Bill Buckner's Series-losing blunder in 1986, Sandy Koufax's perfect game, Hank Aaron's 715th home run, and Kirk Gibson's homer in the 1988 Series. Scully is unquestionably one of the finest broadcasters ever.

Scully was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1982.


Some Famous Vin Scully Calls:


What a marvelous moment for Atlanta and the state of Georgia. What a marvelous moment for the country and the world. A black man is getting a standing ovation in the Deep South for breaking a record of an all-time baseball idol. And it is a great moment for all of us, and particularly Henry Aaron.

- Aaron's 715th Home run, April 8, 1974



Little roller up along first... BEHIND THE BAG! IT GETS THROUGH BUCKNER! HERE COMES KNIGHT, AND THE METS WIN IT!

- Buckner's Error, 1986 World Series - Game 6, October 25, 1986



High fly ball into right field.... She i-i-i-i-is... GONE! . . . 67 seconds of crowd noise . . . In the year of the improbable, the impossible has happened!

- Gibson's Homer, 1988 World Series - Game 1, October 15, 1988



Fernando Valenzuela has pitched a no-hitter! If you have a sombrero, throw it to the sky!

- Fernando's No-hitter, June 29, 1990