|In the year AD 69...
- A revolt breaks out in the [Roman Empire] against Emperor [Galba] when the armies of upper and lower [Germany] declare governor Aulus [Vitellius] emperor. Meanwhile Galba's right hand man, Marcus Salvius [Otho], secretly arranges a deal with the [Praetorian Guard], who have Galba murdered and name Otho emperor. Vitellius' legions march on Rome, defeating Otho at [Cremona], and Otho commits suicide. Vitellius proves a tyranical emperor however, and another revolt breaks out in the summer in the name of the governor of [Judea], Titus Flavius Vespasianus ([Vespasian]), led by Danubian governor [Antonius Primus]. In December, Primus' troops capture [Rome], Vitellius is killed, and the Senate names Vespasian (who is still in [Egypt]) emperor of Rome, beginning the [Flavian] Dynasty and almost a century of peace. Thus the year AD 69 is remembered as "The Year of the Four Emperors."
- Chinese Emperor [Han Ming Ti] invades the southern kingdom of [Ai-Lao].
- [Cartimandua], the queen of the British [Brigantes] tribe, is overthrown by her people when she repudiates her husband Venutius in favor of his armor-bearer Vellocatus.
These people were born in 69:
- Roman historian [Gaius Suetonius Tranquillus|Suetonius].
- Early Christian martyr [Saint Polycarp].
These people died in 69:
- Roman Emperor Servius Sulpicius [Galba], lynched in the [Forum].
- Roman Emperor Marcus Salvius [Otho], by suicide.
- Roman Emperor Aulus [Vitellius], lynched on the [Stairs of Mourning].
- [Antenor IV], King of the West [Franks].
 - 69 -