Why can you never find an ice cream van when you need one?

The good weather we've been having this past week has prompted me to find some healthier ways to get to uni. At the moment, I walk down to the subway, wait up to 5 minutes for a train, spend another ten to fifteen minutes on the train, and a few more minutes to walk to a lecture theatre.

I got on my bike, for the first time this year, and cycled to the west end. It couldn't have taken more than 25 minutes. It wasn't even a particularly taxing route, either - other than the traffic on Paisley Road. What I don't quite understand is why you're not supposed to cycle over Bell's Bridge, or the covered walkway from the SECC to Exhibition Centre station. They're both sufficiently wide to allow several bikes and several people to pass each other, and you can see people coming from far off.

I was also a little annoyed by the lack of frozen confectionary vendors in Kelvingrove Park, after a couple of passes I went to the Botanic Gardens instead and found a van at the bottom of Queen Margaret Drive.

Since I was so close, I paid a visit to Murano Street to see if any of my friends were there - Roger was, and looked hugely confused for a whole minute after opening the door for me, since I was probably the last person he was expecting.

New Simpsons and Futurama on tv tonight, this be good.


Mobile noding spree today: Drunken text messages, Sending mail from my cell phone, text message, sms