10.20 bst
Shortly before 8am, the leader of the UK's Conservative Party, William Hauge announced he was standing down as leader, after failing to increase the party's number of seats following the General Election - with 25 seats left to declare, Labour lost 6, Conservatives remain unchanged, Liberal Democrats gained 7, and the SNP lost one.

As we were discussing in the pub last night, Hauge was probably just there as a stand-in until Michael Portillo was re-elected anyway. He has been, now.

Mohammed Sarwar remains my MP, the turnout was down quite a bit from last year, but he managed to get nearly half the votes. The SNP in my area were down over 10%.

Meanwhile, the one person I know who was standing for election (Tim Shand, standing for the Green Party in Glasgow Kelvin) only got 4.8% of the vote, which, I believe, means he has lost his deposit. By 0.2%!


Well, my exams are over! The final one was Fluid Mechanics, yesterday. It was the only one to not go well, largely because I hardly did any studying for it. I also realised about three hours before the exam that I didn't have a calculator with me, but managed to track one down at the student radio station, eventually.

After the exam, it was straight up to the Pool Bar, where I didn't win a game (surprise surprise), and a mini pub crawl before some Chinese food at a friend's flat, and out into town. We were going to be going to a very cheesy club, but their policy is to deliberately hold up the queue before midnight - students get in free before 12, so they let as few people in as possible. Some of us got fed up of waiting after half an hour, so tried the Art School, but that was full, and ended up at the Velvet Rooms instead. Good, but not enough people there, so I left at around 1, went home and watched some TV.

What I don't quite understand is why my head is so sore considering I didn't feel drunk in the slightest when I got to bed last night.