Perl6 will be the one programming language for everything. Not only will it be possible to compile Java bytecode, C# etc.. into Perl6, but allmost any language.

And this is only the beginning...

from http://dev.perl.org/perl6/ :

Perl6 is the next version of the Perl programming language. The project attempts to address the interpreter, the language, and the culture. The internals of the version 5 interpreter are so tangled that they hinder maintenance, thwart some new feature efforts, and scare off potential internals hackers. The language as of version 5 has some misfeatures that are a hassle to ongoing maintenance of the interpreter and of programs written in Perl. And finally, the entire Perl community is invited to participate in the design and implementation of perl6.
"Perl 5 was my rewrite of Perl. I want Perl 6 to be the community's rewrite of Perl and of the community."
--Larry Wall, State of the Onion speech, TPC4

The vision for perl6 is more than simply a rewrite of perl5. By separating the parsing from the compilation and the runtime, we're opening the doors for multiple languages to cooperate. You'll be able to write your program in perl6, or perl5, or any other language that there's a parser written for. Interchangable runtime engines let you interpret your bytecode or convert it to something else (e.g., Java, C, or even back to Perl).

Perl6 runtime is called Parrot and is available from www.parrotcode.org
Parrot is still in development and newest version is 0.0.5, but it already supports many mini-languages such as BASIC, Jako (like c), Cola (like Java)

More information can be found at dev.perl.com/perl6