No, he doesn't. Twiin
's original writeup here asserted that:
This would place Hitler's Bacon number
at a healthy 3, tied with such reputable stars as Charlie Chaplin
Sadly, Adolf Hitler's "casting" in Rio Rita is little more than a voiceover of archived war footage, tragically. Rio Rita, a film unrelated to another film bearing the same title (released in 1923) regales the mid-World War II crowds with the exploits of Doc and Wishey, who prevent Nazi agents from smuggling bombs into the U.S.A. from a hotel situated on the Mexican border.
The Oracle of Bacon is imperfect; it also (through iMDB) claims that Hitler worked on the crew of Airplane!. More likely Hitler's Bacon number lies at infinity, although you never know how many East German propaganda-film stars escaped into America and became Julia Roberts.
Hitler's Actual Film Appearances:
- Hitler über Deutschland (Hitler Over Germany) (1932)
- Blutendes Deutschland (Bleeding Germany) (1932)
- Sieg des Glaubens, Der (Victory Of The Faith) (1933)
- Unser Führer - des Reiches Wiedergeburt (Our Leader - The Renaissance / Rebirth of the Reich) (1934)
- Triumph des Willens (Triumph Of The Will) (1934)
- Adolf Hitler - Wahlpropagandafilm (quite literally, Adolf Hitler - Election Propaganda Film) (1938)
- Ewige Jude, Der (The Eternal Jew) (1940) (a speech)
He also shows up in innumerable War Department
films from the '40s
, but those don't count.
Some information thanks to imdb.com.
Translation aided by Babelfish.
Tiefling says Wiedergeburt may mean "Renaissance". Since "Renaissance" and "Rebirth" are equivalent past the language barrier, both are included.
00100 fixed up my plurals for me.
baumbart gets credit for the correction on the meaning of "Wahl".
And eliserh. I really don't know German...
Props to Twiin for the original.
Ichiro2k3 notes that Ronald Reagan has a Hitler number of 2, via Curt Bois.