Science Fiction stories and books predominantly featuring a neutron star:
  • Neutron Star by Larry Niven - short story and title of book containing said story.
    Something got through the thought to be impervious General Products Hull created by the Puppeteers and killed the crew investigating Phssthpok's Star. A trouble shooter is sent to discover what it was. Like most of Niven's books, this one takes place in Known Space. The time frame is a few years before the Puppeteer Exodus.

    The neutron star has passing mention in Protector, but is not a key part of the story.

  • Flux by Stephen Baxter - Novel
    A branch of humanity has been engineered to exist in the curst of a neutron star. This neutron star is mentioned in passing in the book Ring, however it has no real value than mentioning other books in the same universe as Ring.

  • Dragon's Egg and Star Quake by Robert L. Forward - Novels
    Life on a neutron star. The speed of reactions taking place at the atomic and subatomic level is on the order of a million times faster than it is for molecular reactions - and thus life using this process lives about a million times faster. The life span of a cheela (about the size of a sesame seed and same mass as a human) is the same qualitative time, though it is possible to go through a generation or two of cheela in a single conversation.

Feel free to /msg me with additional titles.