If you want anyone in your circle of cherished souls to eat more broccoli, serve them this. Yes, this will even work on picky third-graders. It is obscenely easy to make. If you have any left, it is even better the next day .

What You'll Need

What You'll Do

Start your water boiling for the pasta. Heat a wok or large pan on medium high. Once it is warm, swirl in your olive oil. Allow it to heat up. Test its readiness by flicking in a pinch of chopped broccoli. If it quickly sizzles, you are good to go.

If you are chopping with a machine, you can sauté in batches. This is helpful if you are time-pressed after-work home cook. Otherwise, just toss it all in at once and start mixing it all around.

With the broccoli in such fine pieces, it takes no time for this to be ready. Mix thoroughly, coating everything evenly and distributing the garlic fairly. Keep moving it around so the garlic doesn't scorch. After about four minutes, sprinkle a little salt and grind a little pepper. How much? Maybe a smidge over a teaspoon for salt. As for pepper, I always grind until I can smell it.

Mix a little more, then try a bite. It should be just right. Stoic broccoli mellowed by the heated strength of the garlic, flavors heightened by the oil, salt and pepper. Whew. Turn off the heat. The pasta should be done by now. Drain it, place it in a large serving bowl, perhaps drizzle with a little more oil. Get everyone to the table.

You can serve this two ways. Combine pasta and broccoli in an enormous bowl and dish it out from there or plate the pasta first and then top with the broccoli, allowing your guests to toss to their liking. In either case, supply lots of asiago cheese and french bread.

Enjoy.