Today, Louis C.K. owned it.

As of this writing, five women have accused the actor/comedian of sexual misconduct, making him a veritable piker compared to Harvey Weinstein, and unlike Weinstein, Louis C.K. said Yeah. I did it.

Every day it seems there's some new revelation of an old wound, some allegation made against a figure from the sports world, the world of entertainment or politics, and usually, a swift denial follows.

So hooray for Louis C.K. and shame on Harvey Weinstein, and double-shame on Roy Moore. Politician and constitutional conservative Roy Stewart Moore has also been in the headlines, of late.

Moore is the Republican nominee in Alabama for a U.S. Senate seat; in 2001, Judge Roy Moore had a monument of the Ten Commandments erected in the Alabama Supreme Court building. So you'd think he would be familiar with the spirit as well as the letter of those biblical injunctions.

Apparently not, according to a 14-year old girl who caught the eye of then-District Attorney Moore. The girl and her mother were in court one day for a custody hearing. Trying circumstances, to be sure, so you can imagine how relieved, and possibly indebted, that mother must have felt when Moore offered to sit with the child outside the courtroom.

Moore arranged a “date” with the girl a few days later. He took her to his home, momentarily excused himself, then re-appeared dressed in only his tightie-whities.

The offer of aid and comfort to the distraught mother and daughter was the first step of a process called “grooming”. I doubt that Roy Moore knows that, but like all predators, he understands it intuitively, and something else Roy Moore understands intuitively is his constituency. Reporters and pundits are shocked to find that not only do most of the Alabamians they interview continue to support Moore, they also think the timing is suspicious.

That was thirty years ago, they say. Why is she talking about it now?

Three other women have come forward with similar stories about Moore's proclivities, Moore continues crying “untrue” and “fake news”, and the majority of people in Alabama continue to rally around him, the tales of sexual impropriety written off as the handiwork of Democrats and other detractors.

No one is owning it. Except, of course, the victims, and I think I know why.

In 1995, in Union, S.C., Susan Smith rolled her car into a lake with her 3-year old son, Michael, and her 14-month old son, Alex, strapped into their car seats inside. The case received international attention, and Smith could have been given the death penalty. But Smith's attorney, David Bruck, decided not to ask for a change of venue.

A wise choice, as it turns out. The good people of Union spared Susan Smith's life. They owned her; you might say someone close to you is a so-and-so many times over, but if someone else says it, you'll rush to your loved one's side

Roy Moore knows that. He also knows there's no way now to prove what did or did not happen more than thirty years ago.

Moore continues to deny any sexual misconduct. He has, as someone once said, the gift all grifters must have, the courage of their convictions. Even if those convictions are based on absolute falsehoods

But the girl he molested remembers. In detail, and with specificity.

Nothing in the Commandments prohibits what Moore allegedly did. Alabama state law does, though; in Alabama, the age of consent is sixteen.

God's law or man's, the victims own it. So does Louis C.K., and if the God of the Old Testament exists, they will all be in heaven long before Roy Moore.